DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, with work locations throughout the continental United States. We prepare managers and executives to lead their workforce through customized learning solutions that drive the standards of an ever-changing world. We build creative, unique and engaging learning experiences for commercial, civilian and defense organizations. Our high-caliber talent, delivery methodology and innovative solutions contribute to preparing a workforce that is ready for the future. You can join us on this journey to bring efficiency and creativity to our customers.
At DMS, we are the catalyst for effective workforce transformation. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are excited about contributing to the professional development of tomorrow's leaders.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
* Quality in delivering solutions,
* Integrity in conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
DMS International (DMS) is seeking a Communications Specialist to work with its corporate office to push the company forward. The Communications Specialist will perform various tasks including administering, coordinating and providing assistance in various human resources functions, such as recruiting, performance management, and other administrative duties as assigned. He or she will also prepare and disseminate information regarding DMS International through its website and social media, drafting content and maintaining the relevancy of the company’s image. The Specialist will incorporate company objectives, promotional policies and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services. He or she will research and create fresh materials for thought leadership and identify main client groups and audiences and determine the best way to reach them. Along with these responsibilities, the Communications Specialist will support the administration on projects and matters of limited complexity, along with administrative tasks like creating and maintaining company files, among other paperwork. He or she will participate in the department's overall annual and long-term goals and objectives.
- Assist Talent Services Specialist with tasks like pre-screening, recruiting, performance management and maintaining Quality Management System
- Assist Director of Quality Standards, Accounting Specialist, Operations & Finance Administrator and Strategic Resources department with contracting paperwork and other tasks
- Support administration on projects and matters of limited complexity, along with administrative tasks like creating and maintaining company files, among other paperwork
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding DMS International through website and social media
- Draft content and maintain relevancy of company website, along with social media operations, corporate imaging and social impact ventures
- Incorporate objectives, promotional policies and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services
- Research and create fresh materials for thought leadership
- Identify main client groups and audiences and determine the best way to reach them
- Participate in the department's overall annual and long-term goals and objectives
- Proficiency with web design tools, preferably with Wix or WordPress
- Experience with digital communications and content production tools (media databases and newswire services, content management systems and HTML, analytics, social media platforms, email marketing platforms, etc.)
- Experience in technical writing, copywriting and editing
- Skilled in manipulating various sorts of visual media through Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled in word processing, use of spreadsheets database and HRIS tools
- Ability to absorb and process large volumes of data, and then present them in an appealing way
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with engaging with engaging with public eye through local news and other means
- Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Organized and detailed with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both in groups as well as independently
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees
- Knowledge of employee benefits and human resource practices and related laws and regulations
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or Business Administration
- 2 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, business administration, public relations or related field required.
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD.