DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, with work locations throughout the continental United States. We prepare managers and executives to lead their workforce through customized learning solutions that drive the standards of an ever-changing world. We build creative, unique and engaging learning experiences for commercial, civilian and defense organizations. Our high-caliber talent, delivery methodology and innovative solutions contribute to preparing a workforce that is ready for the future. You can join us on this journey to bring efficiency and creativity to our customers.
At DMS, we are the catalyst for effective workforce transformation. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are excited about contributing to the professional development of tomorrow's leaders.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
* Quality in delivering solutions,
* Integrity in conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
First-Line Supervisor / Lead Aviation Instructor
DMS International is seeking a First-Line Supervisor to perform all necessary functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel under the contract Program Manager’s supervision. Supervisory support entails day-to-day supervision of contractor personnel at a minimum of 25 employees to 1 supervisor. This rate may be subject to adjustment by the FAA. The First-Line Supervisor will also serve as the Lead Aviation Instructor, teaching specialized courses in the FAA Academy.
- Leads a team of technical instructors for the delivery of regulatory aviation training at the FAA Academy.
- Teaches, reviews and re-designs courseware for specialized aviation safety courses.
- Communicates about areas of accountability and performance expectations of assigned personnel.
- Oversees daily activities to maximize scheduling and real-time utilization of resources. Analyzes contract requirements and based on employees’ skills recommends employee work assignments. Interfaces with FAA to ensure coordination of schedules and schedule adherence.
- Provides input on local conditions, identifies needs, and receives direction on real-time staffing increases or decreases.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed; identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, escalates issues to contract management if required, and participates in analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements. Develops and implements recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated requirements.
- Reviews ongoing performance results to meet targets; takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning process as appropriate.
- Keeps immediate contract management promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt, corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Determines standards of performance as a basis for progress review of assigned personnel. Ensures proper training of assigned personnel; develops individuals for future contract task requirements.
- Ensures Quality Control and Quality Assurance of effort and delivery of training by monitoring assigned personnel. Coordinates with customers to obtain customer feedback and provide necessary program status.
- Provides effective feedback and/or remedial guidance to assigned personnel; monitors time and attendance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested; performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established contractor policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
Education & Experience
- High school Diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an Aviation Safety Inspector (ASI) or General Aviation Operations Instructor within the past five years
- At least three (3) years of supervisory or management experience
- Must understand and be knowledgeable in the FAA regulatory, and operational approval/acceptance requirements for various air operator manuals, procedures and training programs
- Strong communications, teaching and writing skills
- Completed FAA Academy Basic Instructor Training
- Certificate from an FAA Course
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Knowledge of and work experience using FAA Order 8900.1 Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS)
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- Each request for exception shall be considered on an individual basis.
- Exceptions to qualifications shall be considered for candidates who possess exceptional credentials, previous experience as a FAA supervisor, manager, program manager, or those possessing closely related experiences who do not meet the minimum criteria will be considered for this position, provided that a written request for waiver of qualifications is submitted to the FAA and approved in advance of the candidate’s selection.
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK