DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, with work locations throughout the continental United States. We prepare managers and executives to lead their workforce through customized learning solutions that drive the standards of an ever-changing world. We build creative, unique and engaging learning experiences for commercial, civilian and defense organizations. Our high-caliber talent, delivery methodology and innovative solutions contribute to preparing a workforce that is ready for the future. You can join us on this journey to bring efficiency and creativity to our customers.
At DMS, we are the catalyst for effective workforce transformation. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are excited about contributing to the professional development of tomorrow's leaders.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
* Quality in delivering solutions,
* Integrity in conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
DMS International is seeking an Assistant Military Program Manager who will be responsible for providing leadership and administration on various military contracts through oversight and management of contracted services, in conjunction and cooperation with existing company program management authorities and customer representatives. The ideal candidate will have previous or current work experience with managing projects, demonstrate a solid understanding of the overall objectives of project management, show experience with project problem-solving, posses excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to work positively with a wide array of people at all levels of each contract.
- Aid in the support of daily program management throughout the contract's life cycle
- Contribute to the definition of, and enforcement of, program controls for each contract
- Demonstrate good problem-solving attributes
- Participate in the overall development of contract execution activities and assist with monitoring contract delivery
- Review and validate contract-related quality assurance requirements and apply them to contract execution activities
- Assist with the management of company budgets associated with each contract
- Collaborate with contract risk identification and assist with the identification and application of mitigation actions
- Participate with stakeholder communication
- Assist with the oversight of contract personnel and accountability for required output activities
- Support site leads/site managers, as required, to meet contract requirements and company goals
- Contribute to the identification of contract deliverables and schedules
- Support satisfaction of contract deliverable deadlines with acceptable submissions
- Establish a working knowledge of the DMS Quality Management System (QMS) Quality Work Instructions (QWI) related to company operations and program management and how to access them for reference
- Assist with Quality Management System (QMS) program documentation and documentation storage in accordance with Quality Work Instructions (QWI)
- Participate and provide feedback with candidate qualification review to maintain a stable, qualified, workforce supporting each contract
- Review contract execution histories to identify areas for improvement or efficiency
- Contribute to the identification of new business opportunities with existing and new U.S. military customers
- Assist with the preparation of business development responses to solicitations for services that have been identified
Education & Experience
- High school Diploma or G.E.D, at a minimum
- U.S. military experience of at least 10 years which includes advanced operational/leadership assignments and includes experience as a tactical training instructor or providing direct training support activities for military tactical training
- Working knowledge of military computer operations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the ability to utilize them to achieve company objectives