DMS International is a consulting, information technology and training company headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. At DMS our quality policy is to be among the "best in class" providers of management and information technology consulting services in partnership with our customers. We hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are committed to the customer.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect the DMS Core Values of:
- Quality in delivering solutions,
- Integrity in conduct, and
- Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
Senior Instructional System Designer
DMS International (DMS) is seeking a Senior Instructional System Designer with team management experience and skills for a major FAA learning services contract. The Senior Instructional System Designer will have supervisory experience and a minimum of 8 years of experience with Adult Learning practices and technology strategies in an organizational training environment. Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in training development using ISD methodology; must have knowledge and experience in the application of MS Project in managing client projects, must be knowledgeable of adult education industry standards and best practices.
Supervises all instructional design staff and instructional activity, design and development of courseware. Conducts analysis, manages design team in the design, and development of training courses, technology-based courseware, performance-based tools and job aids. Researches and applies best practices-based on the client specific requirements. Implements and makes recommendations on learning and technology strategy.
Both supervisory and hands-on experience in the design and development of classroom or technology-based courseware and materials as well as performance and job aids. Works with SME’s and client stakeholders to design high-level content and learning systems and tools. Supervises team members and pilots and conducts testing at all levels.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience with Adult Learning practices and technology strategies in an organizational training environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of training design and development of classroom and technology-based and web-based courseware materials using the ADDIE/ISD methodology
- Experience in the use of MS Project a requirement
- Knowledgeable of adult education industry standards and best practices
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience of a design team
- Direct ISD performance in:
- Experience providing ISD support at customer sites for Federal Government highly preferred
- Experience with FAA ATC, DoD, and other government agencies highly desirable
- writing content, creating behavioral and cognitive objectives
- research and assessment
- creation of instructor guides
- expert experience in the use of PowerPoints, videos, interactive simulations, and other instructional materials.
- Utilization of multimedia technology and authoring tools.
- Design interactive Level III and IV learning content preferably in management and leadership topics
- Design performance-based simulations and job aids
- Conduct analysis to define learning objectives; design and develop training courses, technology-based courseware, performance based tools and job aids
- Research and apply best practices based on client-specific requirements
- Generate instructional content and materials
- Implement and make recommendations on learning and technology strategies
- Proficient in MS Project
- Attention to detail required
- Recent Work samples must be provided
- Master’s Degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Education, Organizational Development or other area of study comparably relevant to the management of this effort, from a regionally accredited college or university or, a minimum of 8 years of experience in assigned technical discipline with a BA or BS degree may be substituted for the above-cited minimum education requirements
- ISD Certification from an accredited institution is also required.