DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland with work locations throughout the continental United States. We specialize in the information technology and training fields and bring together high caliber talent, bright ideas, and innovative solutions to our federal government customers.
At DMS our quality policy is to be among the "best in class" providers of management and information technology services in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are committed to the customer.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
- Quality in delivering solutions,
- Integrity in conduct, and
- Responsiveness to our customer’s mission
DMS International (DMS) is seeking an experienced recruiter to work as partner with Line Managers to anticipate and meet evolving hiring needs by delivering best talent to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop job requirements for new positions, post and maintain job descriptions on company website and external job boards.
- Work with managers to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- Develop strong relationships with Managers and DMS Talent Services.
- Regular follow up with Managers and candidates to ensure recruitment process timeliness.
- Develop and maintain career opportunities section on the DMS International website.
- Develop and execute a personal time management plan for recruitment
- Source resumes from various places, including job boards, based on job requirements.
- Schedule and phone screen candidates to determine interest in, and suitability for position.
- Coordinate interviews, start dates, new hire orientations and maintain contact with candidates.
- Maintain comprehensive applicant tracking system, ensuring all communications and other pertinent information is entered and accurate.
- Timely update candidate information and status to requesting Managers, as required.
- Complete all new hire paperwork with candidates who meet the expectations of the job.
- Actively participate in all staffing related activities and engage in cross functional projects.
- Create and implement employment marketing strategies to attract passive job seekers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university preferred.
- Experience and understanding in academia, education, education technology is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of applicant tracking software programs and familiarity with online job boards.
- Must have experience in mapping and sourcing resumes from all sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Very organized and must have team based project experience.
- Clear understanding of the end to end recruitment lifecycle processes.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, SharePoint, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Visio and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and strong attention to detail.