DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland with work locations throughout the continental United States. We specialize in the information technology and training fields and bring together high caliber talent, bright ideas, and innovative solutions to our federal government customers.
At DMS our quality policy is to be among the "best in class" providers of management and information technology services in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are committed to the customer.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
* Quality in delivering solutions,
* Integrity in conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
Instructor / Facilitator
DMS International (DMS) is seeking Instructor/Facilitators for a major FAA learning services contract who will be responsible for the delivery of standard and customized training classes in a range of leadership development subjects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Delivery of assigned courses
· Maintains and revises course materials as required
· Certifies in courses according to course certification plan
· Maintains extensive knowledge of current management best practices, training approaches, and FAA organization/function and current activities
· Participates as a team member
· Delivers courses and conducts classroom administration (set-up/break down; circulates roster; distributes and collects evaluation data), as member of a teaching team
· Participates in professional development activities (adult learning techniques, behavior modeling, training methods, course development skills, etc.)
· Travels, as required to deliver instruction
· Responsible for engaging students in the course content in a positive way that facilitates individual learning
· Applies principles of adult learning theory to course delivery
· Facilitates group activities in the classroom and processes resulting behaviors
· Manages student learning activities and participates in coaching to improve student skills (e.g., listening, questions, etc.)
· Participates in giving and receiving feedback for personal, team, and organizational growth.
· Direct experience as a manager with the FAA or aviation industry strongly preferred
· Three to five years of experience as a facilitator in a formal training environment preferably in management and leadership topics
· Possess expertise in the facilitation of learning and the transfer of job related knowledge
· Highly experienced in motivating learners and engaging a variety of learning techniques
· Five years of experience as a manager or supervisor in a government or military environment desirable
· Experienced in conducting analysis of learning objectives; learning theory, and efficient use of technology-based courseware, performance based tools and job aids
· Ability to apply best practices to client-specific requirements
· Deliver engaging instructional content and materials to adult student
· Implement and make recommendations on learning and technology strategies
· Proficient in MS Project
· Attention to detail required
· Excellent communication