Antiterrorism/Navy Security Force (AT/NSF) Swim Tester/Lifeguard/CPR Instructor.
Location: NTTC Lackland AFB, TX.
DMS International is a Consulting, Information Technology and Training Company headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. At DMS our quality policy is to be among the 'best in class' providers of management and information technology consulting services in partnership with our customers. We hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are committed to the customer. We are currently seeking Antiterrorism/Navy Security Force (AT/NSF) Swim Tester/Lifeguard/CPR Instructors. AT/NSF Swim Tester/Lifeguard/CPR Instructors will perform classroom support for high-risk training evolutions at the Master-at-Arms, Class A School, NTTC Lackland, TX.
AT/NSF Swim Tester/Lifeguard/CPR Instructors deliver formalized training support in the areas of antiterrorism and security to Navy personnel at the Master-at-Arms (MAA) Class A School, consisting of administering Navy Second Class Swimmer tests, grading and recording student swimming performance, coordinating and scheduling swimming pool resources for tests, lifeguard activities, providing CPR instruction to students and staff, and assisting in the delivery of non-weapons instruction.
All AT/NSF Swim Tester/Lifeguard/CPR Instructors must be familiar with applicable Navy rules, regulations, and other requirements as listed in the Training Course Control Document (TCCD) for all courses being delivered and may be required to attend in-service training which is designed to update contractor personnel on Government rules, regulations, and other requirements.
Navy AT/NSF Swim Tester/Lifeguard/CPR Instructors must:
- Be a US Citizen.
- Obtain a suitable evaluation for mandatory medical, psychological, and drug screenings.
- Satisfy the requirements for a “Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)” position and possess a favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (NACLC) (or equivalent as indicated in Exhibit 5A of SECNAV M-5510.30).
- Possess an active state driver’s license.
- Possess above average communication skills and the ability to comprehend both verbal and written instructions.
- Be a qualified instructor with 2 years’ experience as delivering training.
- Possess one (or more) of the basic instructor qualifications as listed below:
- Navy Instructor Training Course (NITC) (A-012-0077) (or military service equivalent)
- Academic credentialing (teacher/professor).
- Instructor training via an academic institution which includes:
- Effective communication and questioning techniques
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Inter-personal skills
- Training environment management
- Lesson delivery performance laboratory
- Instructional Delivery methods
- Adult learning theory and principles
- Possess Navy NEC 9504
- Navy NEC 9504 (Naval Aviation Water Survival Instructor); or Navy NEC 9510 (Navy Swimming and Water Survival Instructor); or Completion of Navy Swim Tester Course (A-012-0015), or equivalent.
- Possess a current lifeguard certification from the American Red Cross, YMCA, or Ellis and Associates Water Park Training, OR
- Possess one of these military qualifications; NEC 0170 (Navy Rescue Swimmer-Surface), NEC 532X (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL [BUD/S]), NEC 5345 (Navy SCUBA Diver), NEC 5350 (Special Warfare Combatant Crewman SWCC Basic), NEC 5352 (Special Warfare Combatant Crewman SWCC Advanced), NEC 7815 (Helicopter Search and Rescue Aircrew Swimmer), NEC 9504 (Naval Aviation Water Survival Instructor), NEC 9510 (Navy Swimming and Water Survival Instructor), or USMC MOS 0918 (Water Safety/Survival Instructor).
- Possess a current CPR Instructor certification from a national certifying agency.
- Possess current CPR and First Aid certification from a national certifying agency.