DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, with work locations throughout the continental United States. We prepare managers and executives to lead their workforce through customized learning solutions that drive the standards of an ever-changing world. We build creative, unique and engaging learning experiences for commercial, civilian and defense organizations. Our high-caliber talent, delivery methodology and innovative solutions contribute to preparing a workforce that is ready for the future. You can join us on this journey to bring efficiency and creativity to our customers.
At DMS, we are the catalyst for effective workforce transformation. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are excited about contributing to the professional development of tomorrow's leaders.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
* Quality in delivering solutions,
* Integrity in conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
Instructional System Designer (ISD)
DMS International is seeking an Instructional System Designer (ISD) to design aviation safety courses managed by FAA Academy Regulatory Standards Division (AMA-200). The ISD will create instructional content for one or more subjects on assigned equipment and systems for field technical experts in the fields of flight procedures, avionics, aircraft and part design, approval and oversight of aircraft and component manufacturers and repair stations, and air carrier and general aviation operations certification and oversight. The Instructional System Designer will have 3 to 5 years of experience with Adult Learning practices and technology strategies in an organizational training environment. He or she must have experience in training development using ISD methodology; developing classroom and technology based courseware and materials. The ISD must be knowledgeable of adult education industry standards and best practices. All technical instruction is done in accordance with FAA training standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Designs and develops classroom or technology based courseware and materials as well as performance and job aids.
- Works with SME’s and client stakeholders to design high-level content and learning systems and tools.
- Pilots and conducts testing at all levels.
- Conducts research as directed and applies best practices based on specific requirements.
- Designs interactive Level III and IV learning content, preferably in management and leadership topics.
- Designs performance-based simulations and job aids.
- Conducts analysis to define learning objectives; design and develop training courses, technology-based courseware, performance based tools and job aids.
- Researches and apply best practices based on client-specific requirements.
- Generates instructional content and materials.
- Implements and make recommendations on learning and technology strategies.
- Conducts analysis, designs, develops training courses, technology-based courseware, performance-based tools and job aids.
- Researches and applies best practices based on client-specific requirements.
- Implements and makes recommendations on learning and technology strategies.
- Leads others in design and development of courseware.
Education & Experience
- A bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited college or university, including (or supplemented by) at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position. The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas or equivalent (education and experience may be combined to meet the requirements):
- Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology;
- Instructional design practices;
- Educational evaluation
- Instructional product development;
- Computers in education and training.
- An applicant who possesses a master's degree with the appropriate major meets the basic education requirements.
- ISD Certification from an accredited institution is also required.
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience in design and development of classroom and technology-based courseware using the ADDIE/ISD methodology
- Direct ISD performance in:
- writing content, creating behavioral and cognitive objectives
- research and assessment
- creation of instructor guides
- expert experience in the use of PowerPoints, videos, interactive simulations, and other instructional materials.
- Utilization of multimedia technology and authoring tools.
- Experience providing ISD support at customer sites for Federal Government highly preferred.
- Experience with FAA ATC, DoD, and other government agencies highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Project.
- Attention to detail.
- Recent Work samples must be provided.
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK