DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland with work locations throughout the continental United States. We specialize in the ability to bring information technology and learning together to build creative, unique and engaging learning experiences for our customers. Our high caliber talent, bright ideas, and innovative solutions make a positive impact on the evolving needs of our federal government customers. You can join us on this journey to bring efficiency and creativity to our customers in the workplace that thrive on continuous learning.
At DMS our quality policy is to be among the "best in class" providers of learning, management and information technology services in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are committed to the customer.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
* Quality in delivering solutions,
* Integrity in conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
Operations / Finance Coordinator
DMS International (DMS) is seeking an Operations /Finance Coordinator at our corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. The candidate will be responsible for providing operational support in the full life cycle of our contracts from initial pricing and budget preparation to contract administration and operational support. The Operations / Finance Coordinator will be responsible for three primary areas:
· Financial analyses of existing contracts, preparation of budgets and presentations,
· Contract support including ongoing contract review for compliance, administration of modifications, agreements and preparation of contract action briefs;
· Operational support and corporate customer service on active accounts.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree – BA/BS
· Bachelor’s Degree in financial related field or other comparably relevant- area of study from a regionally accredited college or university.
· MBA - preferred
Experience Requirement: Minimum of 2 Years
· Conducting financial analysis, developing budgets, making presentations on financial data
· Working with Program Managers to ensure operational quality
· Provide management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities;
· Maintain contract folders and update changes to contracts as appropriate, proper tracking of contracts against approved funding in coordination with management of documentation
· Review and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters;
· Track travel & expense reporting, and perform account reconciliations;
· Issue Task Orders and manage subcontractors;
· Assist with negotiating contract renewals and modifications;
Technical Tools: MS Office Suite, Advanced Excel, Visio, Sharepoint, GCS Premier (desired)
· Experience with supporting prime and sub-contractor relationships related to federal government contracting; preferred
· Experience in preparing and making presentations to small groups
· Familiarity with general ledger, job costing, GAAP, FAR, and DCAA compliance;
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel advanced, Visio, Sharepoint, and Presentation Tools
· Strong problem-solving skills; Ability to analyze and provide recommendations
· Process Oriented
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to prepare financial scenarios and analyze impacts
Qualities / Competencies
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
· Customer Centric
· Detail Oriented
· Organized and Responsive
Other Requirements: N/A
Silver Spring, MD