DMS International is a professional services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, with work locations throughout the continental United States. We prepare managers and executives to lead their workforce through customized learning solutions that drive the standards of an ever-changing world. We build creative, unique and engaging learning experiences for commercial, civilian and defense organizations. Our high-caliber talent, delivery methodology and innovative solutions contribute to preparing a workforce that is ready for the future. You can join us on this journey to bring efficiency and creativity to our customers.
At DMS, we are the catalyst for effective workforce transformation. To achieve this, we hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are excited about contributing to the professional development of tomorrow's leaders.
DMS seeks candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect our Core Values of:
· Quality in delivering solutions,
· Integrity in conduct, and
· Responsiveness to our customer’s mission.
DMS International is seeking a Corporate Intern to assist and shadow employees in its corporate office. The Corporate Intern will support the administration on projects, perform basic administrative tasks, and help with matters of limited complexity throughout the internship experience. During the period of the internship, interns will be assigned a supervisor who will serve as a model and mentor. Business areas at DMS include but are not limited to:
· Human Resources
· Information Technology
Through contribution from learning and observation, The DMS Internship Program provide our interns with opportunities to:
· Gain industry-specific knowledge
· Apply academic theories in practical settings
· Apply employability skills and behaviors developed through previous experiential learning activities
· Broaden understanding of professional customs and practices
· Clarify career goals and interest
The internship experience at DMS will serve an excellent opportunity for young professionals to gain valuable experience in the corporate world.
Corporate Interns at DMS are expected to learn and apply consulting skills and tool to help with problem solving for our clients. Daily tasks of the intern will include but will not be limited to:
· Answer phone calls and direct calls as required
· Design and maintain filing and storage systems in the office
· Maintain office supply inventory
· Compiling technical reports
· Conduct research
· Generating marketing plans
· Preparing budgets and financial reports
· Coordinating special events
· Help generate contents for DMS website maintenance
· Provide assistance across different departments as determined by supervisor
· Other tasks as assigned
Required Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
· Basic understanding of corporate business operation
· Prior experience with administrative tasks preferred but not required
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience in copy writing and editing
· Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information
· Organized and detail oriented
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellence in word processing and spreadsheets database
Silver Spring, MD
Please fill out your application on the DMS International Website.